Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We have new pictures...finally!

We finally got the girls professional pictures taken. I've been trying to get them done since June and it just never happened. I don't know what lit the fire under my bum this weekend, but I decided on Sunday that I wanted to get it done. I usually go to Sears for pictures but I decided to try someplace new because they had a better $9.95 deal than Sears does and I know a few people who went there and liked it. Boy am I glad I did. This was the easiest session we've ever had and the girls laughed and smiled and had a great time.

I called them up in the morning and asked if they did same day appointments and she said she could get me in at 5pm. That worked great for me because that gave me time to find outfits (that weren't stained...not easy in this house) and it allowed the girls to have a quick nap so that they weren't cranky and tired while we took pictures.

It didn't end up being any cheaper than previous picture sessions, but that is mostly my fault. Scott laughs at me because I say that we'll get the $9.95 package deal and stop there but I rarely ever do. My only rebuttle is that these are our only kids and they are only young once. If we don't buy the pictures now, we can't change our mind 15 years from now (when we might have more money). So, I spent WAY more money than I should have, but I have some really great pictures.


Madison...


Alexa...
Emily...

Alexa (top), Madison (left), Emily (right).

I noticed while posting these pictures that the girls' skirts look too short. They aren't really, but they must have been sitting on them wrong. Oh well. I also just realized that Alexa is biting her lower lip in many of the pictures. I don't know what that's about or why I've never noticed it before. Madison looks more serious in many of her pictures. She didn't quite know what to think about the crazy man that was throwing stuffed cats and dogs all around the room (and in her face) to get them to laugh. Emily on the other hand laughed so hard that she barely had her eyes open in some of the pictures. She though he was hilarious! Alexa liked him too.

We ended up getting a cd of all the pictures taken so I will post more poses in another blog in a couple days. The ones above are the ones that we got prints of though so I thought I would share them first.

2 comments: