Thursday, January 22, 2009

New haircuts

The girls (mostly Madison) have been asking to get their hair cut for a while now. I was putting it off because they were supposed to be flower girls in their cousins wedding in February and I wanted their hair to be long enough for a fancy updo for the wedding. Since the wedding has been cancelled, I really had no excuse not to cut their hair. The girls like their long hair (and so do we), but they don't like the tangles and all the work that goes along with keeping it looking nice, so they would rather it be shorter. So today mommy loaded up the girls and headed off to our favorite beautician to get haircuts.

Here's Madison's before and after pictures. Her hair looks wavy/kinky in the before shot because her hair was braided and I had just taken them out. Madison went first. She couldn't wait. As soon as she was done she ran up to me, gave me a BIG hug and said "It's AMAZING!!" It was the cutest thing...



Here's Emily's before and after shots. I think she was mostly just along for the ride. She didn't seem to care one way or the other if her hair was long or short. I had a hard time giving the okay to cut hers because her's is the easiest to take care of and it's so pretty....but I'm glad she got it cut. It's a nice change for her.



Here's Alexa's before and after shots. (Her before shot looks really curly/kinky because I had just taken her braids out. Her hair is normally straight as can be). Alexa wasn't so sure about getting her hair cut. She kept saying she wanted it to be long. I told her she could go last and if she wanted to keep it long, then that was okay with me. After seeing her sisters new haircuts, she decided to get hers cut too (I knew she would). I'm really glad she did because I think it looks great on her!!



I'm not sure what daddy will think about it. He very much likes long hair. He seemed a little hesitant when I talked to him about getting their hair cut. But he hates detangling their hair as much as I do, so I think that's why he was okay with it. They are so excited to show daddy their new haircuts. He will be bombarded when he walks in the door (but he loves when the girls are excited to see him, so it's all good).

1 comment:

  1. Ah, they all look so beautiful! And so grown up ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete