Thursday, July 24, 2008

Canning Season

Well, this week officially started canning season for my wife and my mother-in-law. My wife went down to her mom's to can some green beans and some peaches. (These are about the best I have tasted.) So, this left me home with the kids.

Well, let me start from the beginning. This morning, I went to work as normal. Leaving at 7am only to be going for half of the day. Being that the girls were starting preschool, the allergist and pediatrician thought it would be best to have Alexa tested for peanut allergy. Sure enough, she is still highly allergic to peanuts..or should I just say nuts in general? Well, I had to leave work at 12pm and head home to take care of the other two girls and the two kids she babysits for (8 and 1 1/2). The 1 year old was in bed, so I took the rest out side to play ball, frisbee, playhut, etc. Seems normal chaos right? Right! Thankfully, when the 1 year old woke up my Melissa came home and actually let me get on the motorcycle for a ride. 1 hour is all I was able to have, but it was enough to get the urge out of my body.

When I got home from riding, Melissa headed down for her mom's. The girls woke up from their nap and I decided to take them to the park. Still gotta say, that "Mack Daddy" syndrome is addicting. Anyway, we played there for about two hours, then we went to McDonalds for some chicken nuggets, fries, and the tallest playset I have ever seen at a fast food chain. So, the girls played another hour. When I arrived home, I stripped the girls and gave them all a bath. But while I was looking for the washrags, I realized that there was a lot of water under the sink. After checking, I have learned that there is a leak in my sick. Not the plumbing trap, but the actual sink. So, it is now off limits until I can figure out if it can be repaired, or until I have found enough money to replace it.

Either way, that made my day quite interesting.

Does it make me aggrivated that Melissa is canning. Heck no, she is prepping food. For me, I would do just about anything for it. I just wish that today would have went a little easier. My fault I guess, but the girls had fun. I need to get my digital camera going so that I can take pictures and load them to this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment